Congrats to Facts of Fishing!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats to Facts of Fishing!

Post by RJ »

Good things happen to good people!

FACTS OF FISHING MAKES HISTORY WITH OUTDOOR SPORTSMAN AWARD WIN FOR BEST VIDEOGRAPHY!

A week ago today, January 19th, 2017, the outdoor lifestyle industry’s best producers, talents and productions were gathered at the Venetian
Theatre for the 17th Annual Outdoor Sportsman Awards. The OSA are widely regarded as the highest honour in Outdoor television.

This year, Facts of Fishing received 3 nominations- an amazing accomplishment in itself. But the news got a whole lot bigger
and better for the Facts of Fishing crew when Hollywood Star and host of Outdoor Channel’s Gun Stories, Joe Mantegna announced
Dave Mercer’s Facts of Fishing as the winner of the highly coveted Outdoor Sportsman Award (Golden Moose) for Best Videography.

This making Facts of Fishing the first fishing show in history to EVER win the Outdoor Sportsman Award for Best Videography!
Mitch Petrie, VP of Programming for Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks said, “It’s not easy to be creative within the confines of a
boat that is 21’ x 8’ but Dave and the Facts of Fishing team work hard to overcome this barrier and deliver a series that is worthy of
the Outdoor Sportsman Award for Best Videography. Congratulations to Dave and the entire Facts of Fishing team.”

Dave Mercer was on hand inside the Venetian Theatre in Las Vegas when the winner was announced. “I am both truly humbled and
honoured by the win. A win is nice but a win against so many amazing shows in this highly contested category topped off by
being the first fishing show to ever do it, is just mind blowing. I consider myself very lucky to work with an amazing and incredibly
talented crew. I want to publicly thank every one of them for their non stop work ethic and their relentless quest to get the
next great shot.”

Nick Pujic from Vantage Point Media House, the production company producing The Facts of Fishing was very excited about this honour.
“This award is the ‘Oscar’ of our line of business, and it is a direct reflection of the incredible team we have working on this show.

From Dave Mercer’s hosting skills, to every one of our producers who touches each episode, everyone shared the vision and kept
pushing to raise the bar, redefining what a fishing show can be and should be! This is very humbling, and I couldn’t be more proud of our team!”

In closing, Mercer said, “Thank you to the Outdoor Sportsman Group, thank you and congrats to all fellow nominees, our loyal brand partners
and of course a very special thank you to my high school guidance counselor who told me to grow up because I was a dreamer and
nobody ACTUALLY fishes for a living.