Fishing at the Kemptville Creek area

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Sensrookie
Participant
Participant

Fishing at the Kemptville Creek area

Post by Sensrookie »

I'm headed out ice fishing for the first time this year. A buddy of mine wants to try out his new ice shelter. I want to get down to about 12-15 ft but could use some advise as to what they're hitting on lately. Usually I like the Swedish Pimple with a minnow but hear they've been fond of the Jigging Rap lately. Has anyone had any luck with the glow spoons? Choices, choices, choices. :?
Mississippi Mudslide
Participant
Participant

Re: Fishing at the Kemptville Creek area

Post by Mississippi Mudslide »

No luck with the glow spoons on the Mississippi for the buddies I've fished with. Most of our success with the Raps, Swedish and snelled hooks with split shot and minnows...the snelled hooks deadsticked...right on bottom...fish have been soft mouthing the last couple of nights...(surprising even the pike normally nail the bait)....give'er a go...try'em all...earlier success using white or lime green jigs...good luck !
Mississippi Mudslide (M.M.)
AnglingAddict
Participant
Participant

Post by AnglingAddict »

I have had luck using a Rapala Rippin' Rap
Sensrookie
Participant
Participant

Post by Sensrookie »

Nice to get out for a fish but no luck this time. Next weekend looks like a better time to try it according to the fish calendar. LOL