Calabogie trip- room for one or two

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Calabogie trip- room for one or two

Post by Joshfisher »

hey all,

im planning a trip to the calabogie area, specifically off of hwy 41 for this Saturday. I drive a ford ranger and have 2 folding back seats and a normal passenger seat if that makes sense. the back would be uncomfortable for such a trip but if people feel like they want to go that bad it can be done. itd be an early am departure. plz have your own gear or most of your gear. Gas dollars would also be appreciated

Let me know

Josh
Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Re: Calabogie trip- room for one or two

Post by Trilynx »

Well I'm available to go out on Saturday until late afternoon (Back home for 6:00, wife has plans). What do you plan on fishing for? I have an F150 and other transport if needed for ease of getting in. Let me know, I've been wanting to go try that area out but also a little leery to go out alone in an area I don't know.

Steve
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

im on the same boat regarding not want to try a new lake on my own. I plan on trying for the elusive trouts. I checked and the lake is stocked. there are approx. 5 lakes along that stretch that are stocked. and home by 6 works
Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Post by Trilynx »

I'm in then! Anybody else want to join?? Lots of room in the truck. So Josh what do you think, foot patrol or machine? I have a power auger and plenty of gear to share if anyone doesn't have any and wants to give ice fishing a shot.

Steve
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

I have pop up shack, hand auger, fish finder, 4 rods, tip ups and a literal crap ton of baits. enough to share.
Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Post by Trilynx »

New Lake exploration = lots of hole drilling, I'm bringing the power auger..
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Love this! Threads such as this one is what FH is all about! :D

Already have plans this weekend, but would love to hook up with you guys another time. I've explored a few lakes up in that area, and didn't have fabulous success, but this is another season, in a different month/time period, so I'm betting it will be a whole different ballgame!

Please post again if you all are thinking of doing another type of meet-up event :)
Trout_83
Participant
Participant

Post by Trout_83 »

I'm busy this weekend unfortunately but would definitely be interested next time. I have limited experience ice fishing and it would be great to get out and learn from others. I've got my own rod/jigs etc and 4x4 vehicle , but no other equipment (no auger/flasher etc)... let me know next time you're heading out!
2007 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1600, 75 Merc, Terrova iPilot
topten14
Participant
Participant

Post by topten14 »

I'm in.
Have all my gear never tried ice fishing thou.
Never fished in Calabogie usually fish in Ompah.
Could meet I live in Orleans.
"You must lose a fly to catch a trout"
Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Post by Trilynx »

Awesome, we'll pm you
Markhum2006
Participant
Participant

Post by Markhum2006 »

Hey guys, do you have room for one more? I have an f150 and can even drive if need be. I have always wanted to try one of the trout lakes in that area but like you, never wanted to venture there out alone. I have all my own gear (ice augers, shelter, rods, etc.). Do you guys use live minnows?
Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Post by Trilynx »

Live minnows would be on the menu for sure. I have a few left from last weekend. I also have some grubs left and a decent selection of plastics.

Steve
613wetline
Participant
Participant

Post by 613wetline »

awesome to see this kind of thing going! thanks for the kind hearted-ness.
i dont have a vehicle so to see this is amazing. if tmmr wasnt my first day with my gf in 2 weeks we would have tried to join in.
are you guys targeting rainbows and splake or lakers? I recently had a great day catching rainbows on a tiny lake not far from calabogie ski hill, caught all in about 4-6ft deep on small walleye spoons. take care and tight lines!
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Local bait shops are great sources of info on what's biting, and where, as it helps their biz to have successful customers
Joe Templeton in Calabogie has local bait, if you fellas need minnows.
11602 Cty Rd 511 Calabogie
613-752-1282

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/45%C2% ... 4d-76.6695

Good luck to you all -nice to see the collaboration!!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Don't discount worms for Specks and Bows guys.
613wetline wrote:I recently had a great day catching rainbows on a tiny lake not far from calabogie
I can take a good guess there where you were. Good to see that lake still producing. It used to be a walk in only lake back in the 80's. Then the private road in got chewed up big time by 4x4 clubs and the road got blocked. Now with all the logging roads back there access is much easier.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter