Good Mexico Guiding Services?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
renaudj2
Participant
Participant

Good Mexico Guiding Services?

Post by renaudj2 »

Hey ya'll, I will be heading down to Mexico next week with a group of people and we're hoping to do some saltwater fishing. Anyone know of any good fishing guides in the Playa Del Carmen area? Hopefully a service that can accommodate groups of at least 6 people
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Good Mexico Guiding Services?

Post by CBB »

I have done Mexico on both sides and have always done the same thing and that is stay away from the commercial guys and get one of the locals to take me out fishing. You will have a blast as I was across the water in Cozumel the last time and did the bone fish and patch shoals with lots of fish and a great time. Treat them right and you will get extra days out at a reduced fair. I would look at splitting your group up a little though as 6 in a boat fishing can be a little tight or go with the bigger Charter guys.
renaudj2
Participant
Participant

Post by renaudj2 »

Appreciate the advice! Yeah I figured the locals do the best job, but concern is always insurance and sketchy business.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

https://www.facebook.com/roberto.navarroquiroz.9

This guy is great. He's not the 'troll and reel in for you' type tho.