where's all the trout gone?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Re: where's all the trout gone?

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

There is actually a lake out this way called paddy's lake. At one point in time it was stocked with rainbows by the mnr and a dam was built to separate the marsh and the lake to keep all those razor toothed pike out :) well from what i've been told through stories of old locals out this way, a group of young lads came up from the city to camp and thought it would be a good idea to break the dam, and many pike got in before it could be repaired or even known about :x (not a concrete dam, just big beams of wood)now if you ever decide to go there and try your luck at some bows all you will catch\see is pike. big ones mind you, but only pike nontheless :(
~SKOAL~
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

smitty55 wrote: One in particular I can think of that I doubt you could even get into with a quad now used to produce beauty Specks over five pounds if you knew the right spot on the lake to fish. I have no doubt that they're still in that one.

Cheers
these hidden lakes and gems are the legends of Lanark. Getting to them is half the adventure/fun :D i spend a lot of time on the old kick and push(k&p) and there is a few nice spots back in the woods off the sides. if you know the spot in the photo then you know what im talking about :)
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3934 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3934 times
~SKOAL~
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

LanarkLegends wrote:
BrookieJunkie wrote: Fishing with 2 lines? I wonder where all the trout went...
:lol: :lol:
that's just when im in pike waters. catch a baitfish, hook it up, cast it out and keep on going with the baitfish while you're waiting on your monster :D

let me ask you a question....have you ever caught brookies and pike in the same waters?
:?
This is worth the read if you think it is OK to fish with two lines.
http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and ... glilsh.pdf
The Hooks and Lines sections.

Not preaching here, but an open forum isn't the best place to brag about breaking the law. :wink:

About the trout... I mainly stick to Algonquin park and area and love it. There's still lots there.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

t
Last edited by FISHIN'LANARK on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~SKOAL~
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

LanarkLegends wrote:
banjo wrote:
Not preaching here, but an open forum isn't the best place to brag about breaking the law. :wink:
since when can you not fish with two lines in fmz 18. this is news to me and thank you for letting me know :shock:
((Hooks and Lines
– An angler may use only one line, unless otherwise
stated in the regulations. Two lines may be used when angling from
a boat in parts of the Great Lakes (see exceptions to the general
regulations) and for ice fishing in many areas (see Ice Fishing, page
11). A fishing line must not have more than four hooks attached.))

well now i know and wont be making that mistake again :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:

it was nice to go in with the fly and the spin, but it is what it is and like i said now i know so thank you again banjo for the information :)
~SKOAL~
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

this is what makes a good...i mean a great forum :D people helping others with knowledge and wisdom. knowledge is power, wisdom is strength.
i cant be any more grateful for being educated on the subject of fishing....my passion....my love.....my life :D
Banjo is a true fisherman :) looking out for others is something we must do for one an other :) happy fishing to all and to all a happy fish 8)
~SKOAL~
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Sharing is caring :wink:
I sure wish 2 lines were legal... I would always have a sucker quik strike below the boat while musky fishing... Would sure take the pressure off getting the figure 8 right.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

LanarkLegends wrote:
these hidden lakes and gems are the legends of Lanark. Getting to them is half the adventure/fun :D i spend a lot of time on the old kick and push(k&p) and there is a few nice spots back in the woods off the sides. if you know the spot in the photo then you know what im talking about :)

I do know this spot well and its not that far of a walk lol. I call it mosquito alley. Ive caught rainbows, smallmouth and a lot of chubs. There are browns as well but never seen one :)
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

Tip-up wrote:

I do know this spot well and its not that far of a walk lol. I call it mosquito alley. Ive caught rainbows, smallmouth and a lot of chubs. There are browns as well but never seen one :)
:lol: it's only about a minute or two walk :lol:
how long has it been since you last visited mosquito alley?
~SKOAL~
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Last time was about 7 years ago, and we ended up swimming at the bridge lol