thoughts on Eastons' creek

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

thoughts on Eastons' creek

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

anyone have anything to say about the good ol' Eastons these days? is there anything left in there or is that a dieing dream?
~SKOAL~
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: thoughts on Eastons' creek

Post by Tip-up »

Your the Lanark Legend!

I was going to ask you :lol: :lol:
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Except for the culverts there's limited crown land, most is private.
Here's one for ya. How about Broad Brook? Used to get Brookies there back in the 80's. It had a natural population at one time I believe.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

Tip-up wrote:Your the Lanark Legend!

I was going to ask you :lol: :lol:
legend(s) :lol: i dont consider myself to be the great. it's whats around that is legendary.

last time i was there was about three years ago and saw two fingerlings in my minnow trap. i put them back, curious if maybe they were native. i dont believe the creek has been stocked for many years now so i was wondering what people had to say about it
Last edited by FISHIN'LANARK on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
~SKOAL~
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

smitty55 wrote:Except for the culverts there's limited crown land, most is private.
Here's one for ya. How about Broad Brook? Used to get Brookies there back in the 80's. It had a natural population at one time I believe.

Cheers
cant say i have heard of broad brook. so many brooks/creeks.....so many names :?
i will be researching fish online all night now :lol: ~skoal~
~SKOAL~
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

Lots of info online about the stocking program. loads of trout all around you. If you don't think zone 18 stocks enough. Maybe drive up to zone 15. Best stocking program I know of. Lots of lakes and streams with loads of fish. All around some even a stones throw from each other. Good luck in your search. Best way to ask a person about trout is in person. People don't like to share trout info in open forum/social media. Get the stocking info. And put in some foot work it will pay off. A lot better than asking online. That's how I found most of my honey holes
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

smitty55 wrote:Except for the culverts there's limited crown land, most is private.

Cheers
actually i do believe i know this one. last i went there, the house right beside it on the highway, people tried to build a fish ladder. my wifes father brought me there. he used to fish it back in the 80's as well. big santa clause looking fellow. i plan on returning there this upcoming melt.
~SKOAL~