beaver dams

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

beaver dams

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

for a few years now i've been on the hunt for browns and bows in the clyde\south branch clyde. my question is,...how likely is it for stocked browns and bows to jump beaver dams if they aren't known to reproduce? do they still have the migratory instinct? any answers would be of great help, thanks :)
~SKOAL~
streamfisher93
Participant
Participant

Re: beaver dams

Post by streamfisher93 »

I've tried the clyde once right by joe's lake and caught bass,panfish and fallfish, i've read that the browns are put in near lavant and the rainbows are put in the south clyde brank, have never explored those parts myself so I don't know how much of the stretches of inhabital water for the trout are accessible or where they are to begin with. I'd assume beaver dams would be solid places to hit, and trout will look for deeper pools to hangout in and places to overwinter/hide in spring during high waters. I also think finding out where some really cold feeder streams/springs come into the clyde would be another good bet on finding them. I found an ice cold spring going into the clyde where some really nice deep rapids fed into a pool, unfortunately no trout or even fallfish which was weird but it seemed like a prime location. Definitely a hit and miss fishery if you don't have property on the river or know exactly where to find them.. but hey thats what trout fishin is all about!
Do what you love and let it kill you, we are all floatin down the river of life may as well fish until the ride ends.