float tube question

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

float tube question

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

i was wondering if anyone has ever had a bad experience with beavers or anything else while fishing from a float tube? maybe a territorial defense from the beaver or something along those lines? if so i would sure love to hear about it. i would love to buy one, but i can't stop wondering about the beavers, lol, i know it sounds stupid. its the idea of the legs hanging in the water....so if anyone has anything to share on the subject it would be appreciated. thanks
~SKOAL~
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Re: float tube question

Post by Gord »

I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

:lol: :lol: :lol: looks funny. i love when her teeth fall out and the beaver teeth come in at the end of it.
this was a great top notch response to my question, but i dont think it was the answer im looking for :P :lol: :lol:
~SKOAL~
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

No problem with Beavers. Never see them out when fishing. Did have a loon go zooming by just under my arse once. I'd worry more about doing something dumb like leaving bug repellent in a side pocket and have it eat a hole in your bladder and have it go Pfftt when on the water.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

ganman wrote: Did have a loon go zooming by just under my arse once.
that would be intense for sure. they have pretty sharp pointy bills on em' :shock:
there was one bright sunny day on the berm across Calabogie lake that i was privileged enough to have my polarized on and see a loon swim through the break as i was crossing the log to get across(about 2'-3' deep and about 5' across of water for those who dont know)it was stunning to see how fast and stealth like/graceful it was
~SKOAL~
topten14
Participant
Participant

Post by topten14 »

Beavers are more afraid of you.
They slam their tails hard for your attention.
The loon was just after your fish.
"You must lose a fly to catch a trout"
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

I've been float tubing for ten years now and I go at least a dozen times per year. There is one brookie lake that I used to fish lots that had some scary beavers. :lol: They didn't like us in their lake whatsoever. They would often slam their tails and that's not good for the fishing... They would swim close to us too. One of them was swimming underwater parallel to me and he was maybe 10 feet away. He must've followed me for a good 20-30 feet so that was pretty scary there for a bit. Aside from that one lake, I've never had any problems with crazy beavers. :lol: Now go ahead and purchase your first float tube; you won't regret it. I prefer float tubing to shore fishing or even fishing in a boat. It's just great to be in the water with the fish.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Over the years, more troubles with loons and one particularly big and old snapping turtle on a Quebec speck lake. That stringer speck stealing submarine has gotta be 1000 years old.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

I was on a pond in the Adirondacks a couple of years back. I was having a real good day but the pair of Loons around me weren't. They dove over and over but never saw them catch a thing. I swear they were jealous and started crowding me and that's when the one buzzed me. Made me feel good putting a hurt on them. These guys fish for a living. It's like kicking Bob Izumi's butt in a tournament. :lol: