Fishing Petrie on the North east side of bridge?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MarkM
Participant
Participant

Fishing Petrie on the North east side of bridge?

Post by MarkM »

I haven't fished Petrie in years and see there is a small city in the first bay. There are a few guys set up on the other side of the bridge and looking at the Navionics map there is some good depth there.

For those that have fished that spot, if you don't mind, can you give some insight please. I heard there is crappy in that spot. Iam hoping to get in on some walleye primarily.

Thanks for any help.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Re: Fishing Petrie on the North east side of bridge?

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

That's walleye bay so you will get what you're looking for there.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
MarkM
Participant
Participant

Post by MarkM »

Walleye'm Fishing wrote:That's walleye bay so you will get what you're looking for there.
10-4 thanks.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

To your post: To the left of the bridge is Crappie bay, on the right hand side before you take the bend to the left, is Walleye Bay. There is good depth on both, but Crappie Bay has more weed growth and pan fish and pike, as Walleye Bay is more of a sandy bottom, and the depths could be 5 foot difference from 5 feet away. Either spot is a good place to set up, but on Crappie Bay, because of the current, I would not venture to far towards the road (Or the bridge I mean). Hope this helps, and pm me if you need any further info, as for I live in Orleans.

F.F