Constance Bay Derby!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Constance Bay Derby!

Post by Peron »

First of all, great event and lots of FHers out on the Ice. Beautiful day! I am now have an exposure (cold/sun) burn and because I wore a balaclava, my wife thinks it looks like someone spray-painted a red circle on my face :oops:

Despite the fact that this was a Pike derby (due to the walleye slot in effect), my fishing partner (scarkner) managed to amuse him self by harassing (and filming) a pile of perch!

I had one fish on. Big Pike that based on the fight (multiple runs) could have challenged the leaderboard (always hard top tell a Pikes size) that got off as the top of my Jackfish rig was clearing the Ice. My scream is still echoing off the Gatineau hills!!!! :x :x :x :x

Later as we all converged for the results, FH regulars, otownyaker and choke (sorry for swearing at you!) proceeded to tell us how they were tossing back pike all day.

Great event, great day, but I will be thinking about that particular lost fish for a long time!

Rod
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Constance Bay Derby!

Post by Chevy Champagne »

that derby is always a lot of fun! I was the leader until around 1230 when my 3.7lber slowly got knocked down until i was out off the leader board around 3 :evil: came out of the money by just a couple ounces! way she goes :lol: :lol: the 500 dollar cabelas gift card i won in the 5050 made up for it 8) 8)
good to see a bunch of familiar faces out there!
cheers to all
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peron »

Yes I am extremely bitter so I will point out that the winning fish was just under 7Lbs... :P A teeny bit bigger than yours!

But thumbs up on the Cabelas card! :)

Rod
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

It was a fun one for sure, even driving on and off the ice was fun.
Great job by the organizers, bait, launch, lunch, and prizes.
Tried a new area with a small group, landed 8-9 pike ( myself ), biggest was 4.1 lbs. It was in second at 12:30 pm when registered.
Got bumped, as usual. Ist was 6.9 lbs, 2nd..5.1, and 3rd 4.9. Won the 50/50, 4years ago. :)

Brent
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Hey was that all you FHers out there yesterday? I thought there was more than the usual number of hole drillers around. lol

We were fishing another 200 yards out from your hot dog/chili/chips hut all day.

Caught perch, small pike and an overslot walleye. All released, except the perch.

Had I known it was youze I woulda said hello. Next year.
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

613 ice fishing members rolled in hard.
It was a great event. And I had a blast. Fished with EagleEyesFlash and Otownyaker. And a pile of 613Ice fishing members. Lots of pike in our group.
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook