Suicide Ducks

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Suicide Ducks

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

i recently saw on you tube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtOGeiTas8I) and on a visit to Cabelas (but didn't buy one :angry-banghead: ) this 'Savage Gear 3d suicide top water duck' lure. My question for the forums is has any one had the privilege to use one and experience a take\hook-up on it? I would also love to hear any ones opinion on these lures. for example; they make a pure yellow one, a black and yellow blotched one and a black one. Which, do the people feel, would be the one out of the three? I feel strongly towards the black and yellow blotched duckling, but im unsure as to which one to buy. Any input would be appreciated, thanks
~SKOAL~
baitcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Suicide Ducks

Post by baitcaster »

I have not tried the Savage Suicide Duck yet but we do have them ordered for the store this spring. Certainly looks like it would work. I have a sample at home I hope to get out and try when we get rid of this hard water! We are also bringing in the Westin "Danny the Duck" lure. Check them out as well - a Scandinavian company with some awesome baits for bass, pike and muskie.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I have them in the store at Paddletales. I have sold some but not had the opportunity to throw one. Not so sure that I would throw it if I did have the opportunity. lol. They are pretty funky looking. We have the Westin version as well.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
MUSKY HUNTER
Participant
Participant

Post by MUSKY HUNTER »

I have one myself, caught a musky late in the fall last year on one. Ive also seen some boils which appeared to be bass, I've seen a few youtube videos of Largemouth hammering the ducks. The bait works quite well and does not get hung up. Although I do suggest modifying the treble hooks for hook set.
drksthr
Participant
Participant

Post by drksthr »

theyre amazing... great lure to use for topwater.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

toobinator wrote:I have them in the store at Paddletales.

Ed
where is this paddletales store located?
~SKOAL~
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

We are about 30 km south of Ottawa in Winchester on. Our physical address is 510 St Lawrence st, but we are actually at the back of the building. If you check us out on Facebook I believe there is a map.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

so i finally got my hands on a suicide duck from cabelas :D will definately keep updates on the results.
~SKOAL~
TJO
Participant
Participant

Post by TJO »

Looking forward to how it works out for you.

tom
Tom
drksthr
Participant
Participant

Post by drksthr »

FISHIN'LANARK wrote:so i finally got my hands on a suicide duck from cabelas :D will definately keep updates on the results.
did you get the big or small? great lure to run along weed beds. Ive caught bass, pike and musky on them. never skunked out when using the ducks. hope you enjoy them.
Pewit
Participant
Participant

Post by Pewit »

Here's a savage video Savage Gear got inspired by (probably)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaOyHbou6xg
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

drksthr wrote:
did you get the big or small? great lure to run along weed beds. Ive caught bass, pike and musky on them. never skunked out when using the ducks. hope you enjoy them.
i got the small one of the two, black and yellow. extremely excited about how this thing works. i'm also thinking that with the weight of this duck you must be able to launch it out pretty darn far?
~SKOAL~
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

Pewit wrote:Here's a savage video Savage Gear got inspired by (probably)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaOyHbou6xg
crazy video, but this is one of the many that got me hooked.....(Silure en float tube au suicide duck savage gear attaque en direct 3.0 - go pro HD).........just copy and paste in you tube. sorry im not sure how to share a link :( the sound of the hit is incredible, and where the #%$* did that fish come out of :o
~SKOAL~
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

~SKOAL~