Looking Back On My 2017 Ice Fishing Season, Video Style...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Looking Back On My 2017 Ice Fishing Season, Video Style...

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Well that's it for me. My ice fishing season is done. Lots of work, lots of fish for the kids but nothing big to brag about. Back in December, someone at work suggested that I write and record a song about how I can't go ice fishing at Christmas because of global warming. So here's my song and video, I hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pFvX-TfVb8

Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Looking Back On My 2017 Ice Fishing Season, Video Style.

Post by seahawk »

Great ice fishing season and lots of family fun. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Great stuff Yves, looks like the whole family had a blast this winter. Can't wait to get my lil guy out fishin! Thanks for sharing and good luck this upcoming soft water season.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Cool stuff dude!

RJ
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to open water fishing now...
Fishoholic wrote: Can't wait to get my lil guy out fishin!
Big congrats for the new addition to your family Brad, lots of great fishing moments waiting for you in the near future...
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Thanks a lot Yves, really appreciate it! Great work on your videos man it's really cool that you produce the music and the videos. I tried posting a couple vids I made on YouTube and promptly got emails telling me to remove because i did not have rights to the songs used haha. The young ones look like pros already!!! Can't wait for the next one.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Fantastic edits and production! Great job on the music too! What did you use to the video editing?

You kiddies will love this when they are older too BTW. No one on Earth has ever said "I wish I filmed or took less pictures of my kids."

@ Fishaholic if you want to put music just for effect and not a specific song, look up "Royalty Free Music".
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fishoholic wrote: Great work on your videos man it's really cool that you produce the music and the videos. I tried posting a couple vids I made on YouTube and promptly got emails telling me to remove because i did not have rights to the songs used haha. The young ones look like pros already!!! Can't wait for the next one.
Thanks again for the kind words Brad! As for the royalty problems you're having, I'm not too familiar with that but Craig has a good suggestion:
cprince wrote:@ Fishaholic if you want to put music just for effect and not a specific song, look up "Royalty Free Music".
cprince wrote:Fantastic edits and production! Great job on the music too! What did you use to the video editing?

You kiddies will love this when they are older too BTW. No one on Earth has ever said "I wish I filmed or took less pictures of my kids."
Thanks Craig, I have a Macbook so I use iMovie for my video editing. I began making these fishing videos last fall. I never used any video editing software before so I was looking forward to that challenge. It turns out that iMovie is simple to use and there was no challenge whatsoever when it came to figuring out how the software works.

Yes my kids will love to see these videos in the future and I will too... It's kind of the reason behind doing all of this: A way to document my fishing life with my family and friends. Making these fishing videos also gives me a reason and motivation to write new songs. One day when I am too old and frail to go fishing by myself, I will use these videos as ammunition against my kids so that they can take me out fishing. :lol:
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

Family fishing = memories for life ! Very nice Yves!
BrookieJunkie
Participant
Participant

Post by BrookieJunkie »

Great video and good job getting the kids onto some fish through the ice