Is the Ice Off Muskrat Lake?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Carmichael
Participant
Participant

Is the Ice Off Muskrat Lake?

Post by Carmichael »

Hello,

I am hoping someone up in the Cobden area can post when the ice is off Muskrat Lake. My Little Cleo's are anxious to go swimming with the Lake Trout.

Put the boat in Saturday on the Madawaska river near Burnstown as it was open water at the launch. All was good, big motor ran well and the trolling motor (which acted up in the fall, so I changed the battery in the remote this spring) ran well too. Tried to use the ramp in Thieves Bay (Claybank) and at White Lake but they were still frozen in.

Thank you,

Tim
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Re: Is the Ice Off Muskrat Lake?

Post by laker taker »

I am getting a little anxious myself so will probably take a drive sometime this weekend and check it out.
I will let you know. Laker
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Post by badbass72 »

As of yesterday still frozen solid other than about 20 feet of shoreline. I expect midweek should do it between the heat yesterday and rain today and maybe tomorrow. A good wind will do wonders now too
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Post by laker taker »

Badbass is right it will be the middle of the week or shortly after. I checked it out yesterday and it was open water for a couple hundred feet out. If the water comes up 6 inches or so the whole parking lot will be flooded and will be a mess, there is still 4 or 5 ice shacks there but still room to park. Guys and gals should be on the water by the weekend for sure.
Laker
Carmichael
Participant
Participant

Post by Carmichael »

BadBass72 and Laker Taker, I want to thank you both for checking out the ice and responding to my request.

Tim
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Post by laker taker »

Not a problem Tim I am getting a little anxious myself. I may wait a bit for the water to go down a bit though. I have never seen it quite this high before and I think it will get worse. It is only a 15 minute drive for me to check on it.
Bruce/Laker Taker
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Post by laker taker »

Just got back from Renfrew and swung around by Muskrat. Well she is wide open and there is a truck parked there with an empty boat trailer so I guess someone is pulling lures. Water is very high and cant see the launch walls at all. I think I will wait for a week or so. Laker
Carmichael
Participant
Participant

Post by Carmichael »

Thank you Bruce,

Wow, when it goes it goes fast. Looks like I will be there April 30th to try the luck (if not sooner).

Tim