Fishing Crappie....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
drksthr
Participant
Participant

Fishing Crappie....

Post by drksthr »

Hey everyone. Never targeted Crappie before and was hoping to this year. My bro will be coming down this weekend to visit and was hoping to go out fishing crappie with him and bring my son. Anyone have any tips or areas anyone wouldnt mind sharing? Are the crappies still in the streams and shallows of the rideau or have they gone deep now? Thanks in advance. Any and all help appreciated.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fishing Crappie....

Post by RJ »

They won't be deep. Shallow bays and cuts will have fish for sure. Rideau River usually doesn't let ya down for a few bites.

RJ
drksthr
Participant
Participant

Re: Fishing Crappie....

Post by drksthr »

RJ wrote:They won't be deep. Shallow bays and cuts will have fish for sure. Rideau River usually doesn't let ya down for a few bites.

RJ

Thanks RJ, appreciate the reply. You know anything about Petrie island if it would be worth walking the shore? I was also thinking of the Kemptville creek, not sure if theyd be deep in or if I should fish at the mouth of the river if there is access. My travels are pretty limited since ill be taking my son out for his first outting ever.

thanks again