First Walleye Fish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Sensrookie
Participant
Participant

First Walleye Fish

Post by Sensrookie »

I was just wondering where everyone is planning on fishing for opening day of walleye.

I've had our cottage rented near Hay Bay since January so I'm really getting anxious to get out and see how it goes this year. There's a group of 8 of us that do a trip the second weekend in May every year for the past 7 years now. I took the week off and plan on being on the water every day (the good Lord willing). I caught a four pound walleye on the trip last year and that was about as big as they got. I'm really hoping we have a better year this year and I hope they don't go out to deeper waters too early.

So let's see where the most popular spot will be for Fish-Hawk folks. :-o
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First Walleye Fish

Post by RJ »

Good Luck at Quinte, haven't been to the cluster of boats in about 20 years...

May pop out for an evening fish on my local waters, Mississippi Lake or the Rideau.

RJ
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: First Walleye Fish

Post by CBB »

Going to be on the St. Lawrence opening weekend and every day after that looking for them and what they are wanting for baits. Some new Lures and colors as got an airbrush and just blending some pearl colors that look great. Good luck up at Quinte and That new setup will put you on the fish.