Full-Metal Catfish!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Full-Metal Catfish!

Post by Peron »

Okay.... Subject has nothing to do with the post other than the catfish but it sounds hardcore.... And the catfish bite is really hardcore right now. Had almost constant hits after dark last night but the fish were a tad small. This afternoon (2:30 to just a bit ago) went to a different spot with excellent action and all were good sized up to the 4 - 5 pound range and all frisky. This last guy in the photo actually snagged up on the bottom three times and ended up hauling in my terminal rig (and a small tree...) that I had snagged and lost on my very first cast. I use a lot of lead as anyone who has fished with me know so I suppose given the amount he hauled in he was a full-metal catfish! For you younger folk the reference is to the weird vietnam movie "full-metal jacket".
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (333.96 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
If you are waiting to get out for cats.... Now's the time!

Rod
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Full-Metal Catfish!

Post by Out4trout »

Great stuff, cats can be a riot!
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Nice! Wayto go.
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

It was great meeting you out there again, the cats are finally on! Didn't take long to get a bite that's for sure, the bullheads are active too but i can't seem to find the big ones :lol: :lol:

Cy
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Nice cats boys, keep up the good fishing and enjoy