Calabogie-trout

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Msimard12
Participant
Participant

Calabogie-trout

Post by Msimard12 »

Went out yesterday, tried 3 lakes in the freezing rain With no trout being landed, mayflies were out, and I could see the specs feeding. But they didn't want anything to do with me. Is it possible the lakes haven't been stocked yet or Is it more likely they arent active until later in the season.
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Calabogie-trout

Post by Troutskiii »

Could of been what you were chucking or they were content with what they were feeding on, I've had some solid outings this spring so far, I've also had days where I've presented everything I had with me and couldn't get a bite....

Lakes being stocked shouldn't really have an effect on if your catching fish or not, you don't want to catch the fresh stockers anyways, let em grow.

Spring is there most active time, once the waters warm they go deeper....... ice off is always a great time to catch em.
Msimard12
Participant
Participant

Post by Msimard12 »

What time do you generally fish at? When I was leaving another guy said the lake he was going to (one of the three I had fished at) was generally more active at night.
I was fishing with worms, but no such luck.
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

Most my brook trout I've caught in the bogie area were caught around 2pm.