water levels

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

water levels

Post by gatekeeper »

Just a note to those of you planning on going to Cardinal for annual opening of "fishing/boat show" this Saturday.The water is extremely high on "The Larry". They haven't been able to put floating docks out,nowhere to attach'em. They've got barriers up on south side of drive because lawn is FLOODED! Can't wait to see mess people make ignoring the barriers,plus nowhere to tie up boats,so,bouncing off rocks will be the plan. Flooding waters will cause erosion from waves making home owners really happy with us.......NOT! So if you plan on going build in extra time and please idle out to your "Secret" spot.Good Luck
Laker99
Participant
Participant

Re: water levels

Post by Laker99 »

I was by today and can't believe how high the water is. I have heard starting Friday night they are going to have security posted to keep people from ignoring the barricades. Good luck if you get out on Saturday. I am still trying to figure where to launch instead.
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Post by gatekeeper »

The launch in Prescott is good alternative. Parking above Tennis courts and on side streets,sorta like "Boom" days at Desoronto on Quinte,if you're old enough to remeber those days! It's free!!Plus you get to see The 'mericans fishing for walleyes in front of O'burg!!
tidefighter
Participant
Participant

Post by tidefighter »

Just to reiterate what gatekeeper said, the water levels are very high and some docks (mine included) are currently underwater and being held down by heavy rocks, ropes and prayers. Please keep this in mind for both your own safety and for the home owners who are already dealing with a mess..

Thanks and good luck.. Cya out there..
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Was out tonight and water is down east of Iroquois again. Some are saying they are holding the water back due to flooding below Montreal
tidefighter
Participant
Participant

Post by tidefighter »

That's what we've heard as well.

I can actually see my dock tonight.