Cardinal boat ramp closed due to high water

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tr21chris
Participant
Participant

Cardinal boat ramp closed due to high water

Post by tr21chris »

I just got word that the boat launch at Cardinal has been closed and barricaded by the township due to high and rising water. The docks are underwater, and all of the parking area is very wet.....so anyone heading that way this weekend may want to search out another launch.
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Cardinal boat ramp closed due to high water

Post by CBB »

St. Lawrence Marina has opened up their launch for the weekend at Johnstown and are asking for a $10 donation to the kids center in return. There is a lock box to put the donation in. Pretty good deal and good for them to donate proceeds to a worthy cause
Fish-Master
Participant
Participant

Post by Fish-Master »

awesome, May head out for a fish today , Anyone having any luck out there or know of decent spot/bait around there? i generally fish at cardinal with no luck for wallys. Thanks in advance!
Who_ate_all_the_Pie?
Participant
Participant

Post by Who_ate_all_the_Pie? »

Went fishing last thursday, Cardinal launch still closed.
Launched at Johnstown $10
Caught 2 Walleyes, and lost 2 near Cardinal.
Anyone fished the bridge pillers by Johnstown?
Sensrookie
Participant
Participant

Post by Sensrookie »

I've fished Cardinal a few times now and haven't really had much luck with the walleye. I have caught a few there but they were more the exception than the rule. I got to see if my good friend Jeff will take me out some day. :D

Is the launch up and running now?
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Anytime you want to come out you are more than welcome Sensrookie. Weather has had us on hold but did get out for one evening and 2 nice eaters jigging and lost 3. Short night as water was moving fast and lots of wood coming down the river so we came off early before the good bite started.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

The way it is going the river is going to be high all summer. The did implement the 2014 Plan back in January replacing Plan 1958DD which calls for lower levels in the summer and higher in the fall in some years. We will see how it plays out this summer with the current high water situation.

Read up on it here: http://ijc.org/en_/Plan2014/Plan_2014_Fact_Sheet

Mike