Bay of Quinte update

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Bay of Quinte update

Post by canam04 »

Going to the Bay this week and just wondering if anyone had success this weekend with the current conditions. Not looking for spot just don't want to drive 3 hours to be a waist of time. Any update is appreciated.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Bay of Quinte update

Post by curls »

No real success for us but some for others. Bite was slow for many from what we heard.
Water is SUPER high - launched at County Shores near Telegraph Narrows and they're basically launching boats on what is normally dry land/parking lot.
Current in the narrows was extreme.
Water is super muddy and fast, so real hard to find fish. Maybe search out some clearer water?
Sensrookie
Participant
Participant

Post by Sensrookie »

Any more updates on the Long Reach area? I've heard its still 3 ft higher than normal but people are still hitting some nice walleye. I'm headed there tomorrow for a week of nothing but fishing with friends. (o0h, and we might have a couple brew too) :D
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

I was there this week and there were lots of boats on the water and most seemed to be catching. We launched at the community launch and there were no issues with the water levels. Goodluck