Rideau water levels

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
UniNot
Participant
Participant

Rideau water levels

Post by UniNot »

Hello all;

Past forum member who had to make a new username.

Nice to be back - nice job with the new site!

Quick question. Was hoping to hit the Rideau for opener this Saturday, but have no idea if the launch at Kars is usable, given the high water levels. I'd check it myself but it's a substantial detour - any info would be greatly appreciated.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Rideau water levels

Post by banjo »

Not sure about the Kars launch specifically, but the Rideau system, along with most of the area are in full flood, high water. Even if you can launch, please be aware of your boat wake to limit damage to shorelines and flooded properties. I live in the area and can cast off my deck into flood water :shock: ... so, I am voluntarily missing "opening" weekend in the boat to give the water a chance to receed. At the moment if a boat goes by full wake, it washes right under into my crawl space. :roll: A slow troll would be appreciative by all.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

I live on the Rideau as well and water levels are high. Went to have a look at Burritts Rapids yesterday and the flow there was insane.....I've never seen it so high! The wet weather this weekend won't do us any favours either. As far as I'm concerned, FMZ 18 walleye/pike opener will be in about 2 weeks. :| :(
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
UniNot
Participant
Participant

Post by UniNot »

Thanks Banjo. We don't troll, but if we do launch will be sure to putter slowly.

Went through Rockland last week - crazy water levels, but wasn't sure how high the Rideau was, as it's much more regulated. Sounds like it's not faring much better.

Hope your crawl space dries well.
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Super »

I was down at Kars yesterday checking out ramps and water levels.
The cement ramp at Kars is completely under water and is blocked off as you cannot even see it.
The ramp by the community building is also completely flooded and also blocked off.
Taylor park ramp is also flooded and blocked off.
Reeve Craig ramp, the parking lot was half under water and also blocked off.
There are some small access places in between where I did see someone trying to launch an 18 foot boat but I did not stick around to see if he was successful as there were already a few guys helping.
So, as someone said, just wait a few weeks.

Also went to Carleton Place today
The city ramp is well under water and blocked off

Super
UniNot
Participant
Participant

Post by UniNot »

Thanks Super and Gord. No point in adding to the damage already caused, not to mention that finding the fish might be a challenge (even more than it usually is for me).

Off the the larry it is.