Bank fishing in Cornwall?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tacklejunky66
Participant
Participant

Bank fishing in Cornwall?

Post by Tacklejunky66 »

I'm looking for new areas to fish from the bank other than my regular Ottawa & Rideau River spots. Has anyone ever had any luck bank fishing from Guindon Park in Cornwall? I have never fished the St Lawrence so i got no clue what's out there and being from Rockland i dont want to waste a trip if it aint worth it.
Reelin' in the years
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Re: Bank fishing in Cornwall?

Post by kevinv »

I took the kids once last year, and it was not bad, but I have been told the west side of the last road in Guindon Park is not deep, but does have good chances.
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Post by kevinv »

we were there today. not much luck for us, but my 13 year old got a 2 to 3 pound pike on a mepps black fury #4
Tacklejunky66
Participant
Participant

Post by Tacklejunky66 »

kevinv wrote:we were there today. not much luck for us, but my 13 year old got a 2 to 3 pound pike on a mepps black fury #4
at least didn't get totally skunked...must have made the kid happy
Reelin' in the years
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Post by kevinv »

Tacklejunky66 wrote:
kevinv wrote:we were there today. not much luck for us, but my 13 year old got a 2 to 3 pound pike on a mepps black fury #4
at least didn't get totally skunked...must have made the kid happy
She was very excited. Her first pike ever, and her real first try with one of my pike spinners. She is now hooked on spinners, and spoons. She was the only one to land a fish. Tr=he rest of us just feed the fish worms. LOL.