Salmon mission success

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Salmon mission success

Post by Markus »

With the amount smoked fish and bbq cedar planks we enjoy over the summer, getting my supply of salmon meat is always on the priority list. This spring has been a tough one weather wise and getting mother nature to cooperate on a day off has been tough. But finally, saturday blessed us with a flat calm lake and we took full advantage of it.

My good buddy Jammer trailered his boat up and we met at sunrise to try our luck. A mix of salmon was the goal, but any rainbows/browns would be welcome too.

We had our first fish on before we had our 3rd rod out.

We picked away at them all morning. The fishing was tougher then expected, but we'd bounce a rod every 30 minutes or so.

I was surprised we werent connecting with any coho....and we didnt get any browns or bows either, but we did catch a bunch of lakers throughout the morning as well. We just sent them on their way.

It was a bit of a search to finish off the last fish for our limit, but we had a rod fire right outside of port were we started and that gave us what we were looking for...our last salmon. We pulled rods and loaded the boat back on the trailer.

I really enjoy the fishing, but i equally enjoy the knife work afterwards. Putting a selection of meals in the freezer is important to me and we cherish every bite of it later on. Jammer grabbed a bit to take home and I cleaned up the rest and got it ready for the freezer.

I saved a couple pieces to broil up for dinner...nothing beats a feed of fresh fish.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Salmon mission success

Post by riverdog »

Whole lot of silver! Looks like a very productive outing great job!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Looks like you guys did a decent job finding some silver!!! Great haul.

JimW
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great fishin brotha! Nice to see Jammer getting Crestie wet!

RJ