Late opener = early success

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Late opener = early success

Post by BigC »

Well we finally got a chance to hit the old lac for some touladi on Friday and Saturday and they did not disappoint. Mike was in New Zealand for opener so we had to push it back a couple weeks and I think that might have been a blessing in disguise. Usually we're all jacked up to get out the first day we can, which historically ends in a big fat skunk. But not this year, first time out was a total success.

Mike got a new dog over the winter and wanted to see how he'd fair in the boat. I'd say he did pretty good, I'll give him an A+ for day one and a solid B for day two, he started to get a little annoyed we wanted to fish as much as we did and it was cramping his stick chewing and exploring options.

He did well when we had fish on the line and in the boat, just a little curious but not at all out of control.

Ever find it strange how on one day all the fish go to one guy and on the next day they all go to the other guy? Well that's what happened to us. I nailed 3 on the Friday and Mike went 4 for 5 on the Saturday. I'm sure at some point we were using the same things, with the same amount of line out but it didn't matter if I was on the inside or outside I got the bite on the Friday and vice versa for Mike on the Saturday. I for one thought I was dialed in come Saturday morning, big surprise to find out I wasn't. The technique was dialed in as Mike would prove, but me, not so much.

Caught a real nice one for our little lac that gave some headshakes and a nice battle.

Mike got the win on numbers, but like he's told me a hundred times while bass fishing, it's who catches the big one that gets the belt. :mrgreen:

Well back at it this Friday, lets hope there's bigger ones to be found by both of us.
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Late opener = early success

Post by CBB »

Very nice fish Congrats
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Nice fishin boys!

RJ
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Great stuff way to go boys!
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Great fishing it's funny who fishing partners change from most to biggest lol...I have a partner that does the same thing!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Great lakers and even a cuter pup! Is it a Portuguese Water Dog? If so my folks picked up the same breed and it's the best thing that's happened to them!