St-Laurence

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

St-Laurence

Post by Wally »

Hi guys just bought a new place in Morrisburg last month, all settle in ready to wet a line ,looking for pike and walleyes .Any info would be appreciated
depth and techniques ,locations between Long Sault and Iroquoi, just to get me in the right direction...Thanks...Wally
Reddog1413
Participant
Participant

Re: St-Laurence

Post by Reddog1413 »

I grew up in morrisburg. Big walleye right out front of morrisburg dude and lots. Deep divers, worm harnesses and jigs and powerbait minnows all produce. Where theres current there will be walleye!
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Wally »

Thanks Reddog,any tip on how deep I should start....Wally
Reddog1413
Participant
Participant

Post by Reddog1413 »

If your trolling anywhere from 20 to 35 feet against the current. I use worm harnesses about 35 to 65 feet. Right in the channel on the canadian side. Jig anywhere from 20 to 60 feet on calm days. Need half ounce jigs and powerbait. Summer is coming and once the water temps get warmer the fish will push deeper during the day. So many shoals the go from 10 to 30 or 40 feet right out front. The old canal we call it. Lots of walleye.