Trip to Corry Lake, ON

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
KevinWitt
Participant
Participant

Trip to Corry Lake, ON

Post by KevinWitt »

Hello all, first time posting to this site. Ive got a trip planned this July (arrive on July 15) , staying at a cabin on Corry lake but also planning on fishing the Ottawa River some or possibly one of the many lakes around. I've never been to Canada fishing before, looking to catch some Muskie and Northerns, but what I'm truly after is big Smallies. Don't get much opportunity to fish for small mouths here in Virginia, looking for any advice on places that I might have a better chance at 4+ Smallies. Thanks Kevin
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Re: Trip to Corry Lake, ON

Post by Gord »

Round Lake on the Bonnechere system would be a good bet for smallmouth. You're looking at about an hour and twenty min drive from Corry Lake.
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

There are several good smallie waters around Corry Lake. Getting into numbers of 4+ lbers in July can be a little daunting but boat loads of 2-3 lb'ers are easy to come by.

I live in the area so send me a PM or email through Fish-Hawk as your trip draws closer and we'll see what we can do about sync'ing up for some smallies.

Doug
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Corry lake does have smallies in it and they tend to be a good size when you get them but they can be tough. There is some really good largemouth in the lake and the last few years small pike have exploded in there. You can still get musky but they aren't as plentiful as before. There is quite a few good smallmouth lakes within an hour or so of Corry that can be lots of fun with good numbers of quality fish. If you can catch up with beachburger while you are here he has a few good smallie areas that should provide you with lots of fun. I live 2 mins away from Corry and fish it quite often but send me a pm when it gets closer to your arrival and if I can manage a day or even a few hours I may be able to help you out with a few smallmouth areas within an hours drive. If I can't hook up with you I could at least give you a few starting points.
Thanks to my great supporters Deep River Outfitters, Shimano Canada and Hunters Bay Marine.
KevinWitt
Participant
Participant

Post by KevinWitt »

Thanks guys, I've always wanted a northern fishing trip( I've done several to Florida and Texas). Really looking forward to this trip and I will definitely try and catch up with you before or once we get across the border. Once again thanks for helping out !!!