Fish hawk launch info

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fish hawk launch info

Post by ady »

To whoever maintains the launch info.

I have just been browsing through the launch page looking for Rideau info when I noticed the Fitzroy Harbour entry. I live in Fitzroy and some things have changed.

The marker buoys have gone from the main harbour section. This means that a newcomer is highly likely to hit the massive shoal that runs up the centre. If you want to launch in Fitzroy:

From dock, go straight out from dock until central between small island on left and large island ahead, turn left and go slow between the 2. (trim up to be safe). When past the edge of large island on right, turn right hugging the island about 20ft out. now sight a point between pylon on island in middle of harbour and island on right and follow that line until end of third bay then cut across pointing at the pylon on the dam side. Once across you can safely head up to the dam at about 50 ft from shore. Do not try to cross before the 3rd bay, you can stand up in the middle of the harbour when the water is low.

Basically, if you want to launch in Fitzroy, try to go with someone who knows the way on your first trip.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Thanks good advice!!!
Nice to know people care!
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

There should be a link on the Boat Launch site to send the info directly to John who maintains the site.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Um....just pm Bobber on it.......
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

Done.