Shirleys Bay fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
crwalker1987
Participant
Participant

Shirleys Bay fishing

Post by crwalker1987 »

Hey guys,

Been fishing Mississippi Lake mostly this spring with not alot of success. I'm thinkin go of trying shirleys Bay as I live quite close. I wanted to ask if there are many rocks in the area i should watch out for. I have a 14 foot aluminum but I take the wife and kid out quite a bit and dont want to smuck anything. I'm also all ears to any techniques and or lures that are good in the area (for pike). Thanks again guy.

Cheers,

Chris
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Shirleys Bay fishing

Post by CCLad »

Hi Chris, there are quite a few shoals, but they are mostly out toward the main Chanel. There is also lots of structure changes around Aylmer isl. For pike just work down the causeway (to the west of the launch) casting cranks, rappalla's etc. At the end of the cause way there is an bay that opens to the east side of the cause way (You cant go past the mouth of the entrance to the east side of the cause way, it is a restricted area - Rifle range...). This bay is decent fishing but is shallow with lots of rocks go slow and keep your eyes open.

Good luck,
CCLad
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by CCLad »

Hey Chris, here is a Navonics link that will show you the structure I was reffering too. Good luck.
CCLad

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#bo ... BsG~r%60nM
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Throw the Navionics app on your Smart Phone. There's some stuff to hit out there and when you do it's usually rock!

RJ