WFN.....What happened??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Woodsman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: WFN.....What happened??

Post by Woodsman »

Trout_83 wrote:Same issue with me... I called Rogers and they told me that the only way to get WFN now is to subscribe to it online directly with them. They also told me that no other competitor (ie. Bell) offers this channel either. I haven't had a chance to shop around to see if that's true or not.
Definitely not true.
You can't believe a word that Rogers spews.
I'm in southwestern Ontario & on my local carrier it is still there.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Still on with Eastlink too.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Bait&Fate
Participant
Participant

Post by Bait&Fate »

Still available on Shaw satellite network. WFN is HQ in Toronto so why would they deny broadcast to Ontario ? :? :?
"If everyone is thinking alike, Someone isn't thinking" - George Patton
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I no longer have cable at all as we stream everything. I did rely on WFN for background noise at times when I had it. Yes some of the content sucks but without it there'd be about 3 fishing shows to watch on TV up here.

RJ
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DropShot’r »

I suppose it boils down to the value of the information gleaned from the shows that appeal to your species of interest.

I’m a bass guy, I dabble with a few others but mostly I’m a bass guy, and I really want to see “North Country” bass fishing. Watching guys catching pre-spawn bass in Guntersville in the beginning of February gives me Zero useful information for eastern Ontario/western Quebec.

We dropped our satellite TV several months ago and to be honest I really don’t miss WFN or the rest of the 110 dollars a month for repetitive crap at all. At the moment YouTube and Wired2Fish are filling the void.
Dobyns Army member
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I called Rogers and they said it was because there were not enough subscribers. There are a lot of good shows that are very informative so to me it is a big loss. If you PVR your shows you can fast forward through the commercials if you don't want to watch them. Bell has some great deals trying to lure new customers so I might have to look into them!