Bass tournament anglers an opportunity is here.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Matt Massey
Participant
Participant

Re: Bass tournament anglers an opportunity is here.....

Post by Matt Massey »

If you have questions on how RBT series in operated or the associated costs, I would encourage you to attend the AGM this October. Most of these issues are addressed then.

Everyone has an opinion on a business model for tournaments. RBT has build the business model over 22 years with ups and downs along the way. As you can tell from this topic there are a bunch of reasons anglers have highlighted:

Intimidated by the bodies of water
Cost is too expensive
Don't have the time
Don't want to be a donator
Competition is too good

I believe there a lots of options for anglers to fish and compete with different investment levels to suit anyone.

I know RBT anglers are super stoked about the 2017 season, TV, TIO, Classic Champs TV Show and now the Champion of Champions TV Show is going to be unreal!
Last edited by Matt Massey on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Massey
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

That Champion tournament is a nice touch, especially for the OPEN anglers (IMO) , exciting news.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Have to agree with Shawn here. That Tournament of Champions is pretty damn sweet. It should help fill up the 150 and Unders as well.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

This thread was great. Some info was shared here of value for sure. I still struggle with understanding the scrutiny that Renegade gets sent its way like no other series. It's odd to me.

Tournament of Champions details.

procrafter12
Participant
Participant

Post by procrafter12 »

I still struggle with understanding the scrutiny that Renegade gets sent its way like no other series. It's odd to me.
The simple answer to that is they are at the top, the NHL is talked about more than the OHL, the NFL more than CFL, the bassmasters more than flw, PGA more than seniors or LPGA.
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Post by badbass72 »

Just a few quicksilver points to add. While extending the season may seem like it would solve a lot of problems there would likely be conflicts erected as well. Many events like mentioned only operate in the fall so how late do you go to avoid them.? Also while it was mentioned that the shore staff are paid it is also of note that most if not all are teachers so they have the summer off and a few weekends away can be done fairly easily...once school starts it may not be as easy and they are a big part of he reason things run as smoothly as hey do. The other thing to consider is we have kept essentially the same formula for events for years...including the peak of 83-85 teams. I would expect with a calender we could give you a good idea of every years schedule. Q1 is the weekend after long weekend...Q2 is 2 weeks after that Classic is the weekend after Labour Day and we always try to avoid the long weekends and have at least 2 weeks between events so the others fill in the rest pretty quick. The donating aspect is a feeling I'm afraid nothing will change as that is perception. My personal feeling as someone who is never a favourite to cash a cheque is if that is why you are fishing you are better going back to doing it for fun. I would sooner pay more in an effort to increase my skill level and I only wish I had done the Pro Am when I had the chance as that would have definitely been where I would have started. To those committed his year it is looking like a lot of firsts and some great opportunities as it is safe to say at least 20% of the field will cash a cheque while the odds for the other incentives are also higher than any other year. I can't wait to see everyone and experience how it all unfolds. To those thinking about it or already decided they aren't fishing it his year all I can say is I hope they follow Renegade this year and at the very least consider it for next.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle