Walleye Spot Recomendation

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Walleye Spot Recomendation

Post by Rex Mundi »

I am looking for a good Walleye lake or river to hit tomorrow. I'm in the west end so with easy drive from there and easy to get off the water in the dark.

Typically I would go the the Lake Madawaska and launch at the airport but have been reading too much about theft and vandalism. Also the new fees there are pretty steep.

For these reasons I am looking for a new spring spot to drop some jigs for Walleye. Lake Mississippi is always an option but never had too much luck there.

If the launch is in at Buckhams bay that may be an option but only seem to get cat fish there.

Come to think of it I am not much of a Walleye fisherman so any recommendations would be helpful.
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Re: Walleye Spot Recomendation

Post by emeraldpirate »

Shirley's bay always produces, you can launch from the Nepean Sailing Club of Carling ave. at Dick Bell Park for a small fee and head up to haycock/Aylmer Island and just drift back bouncing a jig off bottom or trolling minnow baits. Find the weed edges and work those.

Good luck