News Articles RE: Boating /St.Lawrence waterway

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bassman40
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

News Articles RE: Boating /St.Lawrence waterway

Post by bassman40 »

bardern
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: News Articles RE: Boating /St.Lawrence waterway

Post by bardern »

just a heads up. even though the gates are open at Iroquois you still may not be able to go through. the last I was out the Seaway Authority was still not allowing pass throughs because the clearance doesn't meet minimum height due to the water levels. if you want to fish west of Iroquois you still have to use the ramp at St Lawrence Marina in Johnstown. The fence is still up blocking off the ramp in Cardinal
Barry Keicks
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Was out last night by Ingleside and water levels were down a little and the current was really not that bad and only seen one big log floating. Water has hit 60F and the fish are biting so all is good. Be careful as still a lot of water going to be coming by us and a lot of floating material from the shorelines.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

FYI:
"ST. LAWRENCE SEAWAY, Ontario - As part of an emergency measure to begin Wednesday, more water from Lake Ontario will flow into the St. Lawrence River than ever before, as officials put into effect aflood-reducing strategy expected to delay shipping schedules and keep captains and others affected by high water levels on anxious watch."
http://www.cornwallseawaynews.com/news/ ... m-lak.html
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seahawk »

If we allow American boaters to cruise into Canadian waters without having to check in with Customs passed by a voice vote in the House of Commons. Can we Canadians go to States water body side from Canada side without reporting to US Custom as well? I always scared to go fishing on Larry because of this confusion rule.

Thanks,
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I have fished the St Lawrence for years and never had a problem. I do carry my passport as well as a N.Y. license though.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

seahawk wrote:If we allow American boaters to cruise into Canadian waters without having to check in with Customs passed by a voice vote in the House of Commons. Can we Canadians go to States water body side from Canada side without reporting to US Custom as well? I always scared to go fishing on Larry because of this confusion rule.

Thanks,
No. This bill will do nothing for us, just less work for our customs.

RJ