Bass opener zone 18 advice?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
azabache
Participant
Participant

Bass opener zone 18 advice?

Post by azabache »

So..... The opener is on as of midnight tonight.
We will be shore fishing the rideau around New Eddy park & with the high tide, fast moving water, what would be the best baits,lures to use for Bass? Junior likes his senkos, i was thinking diving cranks , shads or swimbaits. What color?
Any help would be awesome.
Best of luck to all on the Opener, its finally here.. :D

Azabache & junior.
Masterbaiter101
Participant
Participant

Re: Bass opener zone 18 advice?

Post by Masterbaiter101 »

Last weekend the water in the rideau had just started getting to 72. I think the smallies are just about to come up shallow before they go back deep in august. Id try jerk baits and cranks.

And the largies should be heading for heavey warm cover i always find frogs and plastics great flippin in
azabache
Participant
Participant

Post by azabache »

Masterbaiter101 wrote:Last weekend the water in the rideau had just started getting to 72. I think the smallies are just about to come up shallow before they go back deep in august. Id try jerk baits and cranks.

And the largies should be heading for heavey warm cover i always find frogs and plastics great flippin in
Ok. Thank you for your help. After 7 days of work straight , I need to go fishing before I go bonkers! :roll:
Anyone have any luck by billings bridge? I read that it could hold several species , may increase my chances at catching fish.. :mrgreen:

Azabache & junior.
Masterbaiter101
Participant
Participant

Post by Masterbaiter101 »

Theyre are muskie at billings!