Christie Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Christie Lake

Post by Alby »

Heading up to Christie Lake this weekend. I've never fished this lake before. Any thoughts?
I'm not asking for specific spots, just a general idea what the lake is like. Doing a bit of homework before heading out saturday.

Fishing for bass, obviously.

Thanks for the help.

Alby
Moobe
Participant
Participant

Re: Christie Lake

Post by Moobe »

hey,

I have to start by saying i'm NO expert. but I had some really good luck in and around a few little islands there were three of four of them...i think one is called "pickerel island". i was trying a bit of everything (drop shot, jigs, wacky worm) with zero luck. Tied on a texas rigged tube and then started having luck. Good luck let me know how it goes!

Good luck
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Re: Christie Lake

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Christie Lake can be fun. Lots of average sized largemouth bass with a few good ones. Try the bay at the bay on the northeast tip (as well as the river). In facy, many of the back bays can produce in other shallow water and weedlines.

For smallmouth bass, I've found the islands to be hit and miss. Dropshotting around them will get you some numbers but I haven't caught too many of size, although I've had a couple in the 4 lbs range.

Overall, decent lake. I prefer the largemouth over smallmouth. This isn't Big Rideau and if you keep your expectations, there is enough there to have fun.