Toothy critters and smiles from the Ottawa River

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Toothy critters and smiles from the Ottawa River

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Another guiding season is in full swing and the fish are snapping. With high water, cool temps, and little sunlight, the weeds are slow to grow and the shallow bite just won't die. Spots that were a sloppy mess at this time last year are still just starting to see greenery.

These guys had a cottage rented near Montebello for a couple days. Day one I made the run to my go-to spots in Wendover to pick up shore lunch:

Day two we stuck closer to Montebello and explored some new-to-me waters. We found a flat full of nice pike and the boys were swinging hook sets all day:

I've insisted on taking more family time this summer as last summer I barely got to fish with my family. My little guy has become "ma machine à brochet'' this season. He displayed great patience when spots a,b,and c were dry and pulled out his PB pike on spot D all by himself. Thanks to my buddy Bill who was fishing the same area for the photo.

Shaun and Lloyd, a couple Aussies enjoyed a fun day on the troll.

Jordan booked a trip for his birthday and spoiled himself with a couple new PBs. 33'' pike, 23'' walleye.

For the second consecutive year I filmed with the Chassomaniak crew while they were in town for Rockfest. Never a dull moment with these guys.

One particular bay produces beautifully colored walleye. Long dark and handsome.

We've barely targetted deep walleye this year but have been able to put a few dinners in the well. Looks like I might get the guide in nice weather today. A rare treat this year.

Tight lines to all.
Yannick
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
azabache
Participant
Participant

Re: Toothy critters and smiles from the Ottawa River

Post by azabache »

Nice fish Yannick. I espcially like the family pic, he must have been on cloud nine! :D

Azabache & junior.
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Post by emeraldpirate »

Some nice wally's comin out of that strecth of the river. Thanks for the pics!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Way to keep putting smiles on peoples faces Yan. Good on ya!

RJ
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Right on Yan, good work! Happy clients as always, gotta love it. The river has been weird this year, glad to see your able to figure things out.