New Boat

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

New Boat

Post by BrokenThrone »

New to the board long time reader.

Just pulled the trigger on a new Fury Xl. I live in CP and new to Ontario and wondering what lakes to put in this summer that are close. Walleye guy, bass when I'm bored.
Super excited because I have some overkill on the boat in the form of an Ulterra.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: New Boat

Post by Walker »

Since you live in CP why don't you try Mississipi Lake ?
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

Post by BrokenThrone »

For sure I will be.

Just wondering what else is around here. I've only been to White lake so far but looking to go a little further. I heard that Bobs lake is good but pretty big and it's a weekend trip prob.

Wondering how Clayton is because it's so close?

Coming from Edmonton so I am in sensory overload here with all the water!
Masterbaiter101
Participant
Participant

Post by Masterbaiter101 »

Ottawa river up near deep river and deux rivere. Good walleye
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

living in CP and being a walleye guy. The worlds your oyster man. You've got tons of opportunities. Both the ottawa and Rideau rivers have walleye. The Mississippi is in your backyard. Tons of lakes down hwy 7. Lots of opportunities between Smith Falls and Kingston. Clayton was mentioned. Lots of lakes in Lanark. Within 75 minutes from your place the opportunities are endless.
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

Post by BrokenThrone »

Thanks,

As I said I seemed overwhelmed by it for sure. I'm going to have to pre plan and take this one lake at a time and try to relax. I love it here as for those reasons. As soon as this boat is rigged I'll be out putting in all summer.
Moobe
Participant
Participant

Post by Moobe »

hey - welcome to Ontario! Bobs lake is fantastic. Great for walleyes for sure. it really has a bit of everything. Really deep in spots with rocky bottom and shoals all the way to shallower weed lines. Really good charts on Navionics to point you in the right direction. if you dont have navionics the interactive feature at the bottom of the page really helps a lot.

good luck
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Post by Shaun_300 »

I live in Almonte and have been fishing the Mississippi between Almonte and Appleton this year a bit. Caught a walleye yesterday in the middle of the afternoon. I'm told they bite really good in the bay in Appleton in the evening, I'm going to give that a shot sometime soon. You are right, no shortage of water in this area!