White Lake question

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bardern
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

White Lake question

Post by bardern »

I spend yesterday on White Lake. Between my partner and I we caught over thirty LM but all about 1-1.5 pounds. Just curious is this average size of now? I remember fishing there years age and the average at that time was a lot bigger.
Barry Keicks
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: White Lake question

Post by Alby »

That describes White Lake, perfectly. Loaded with smaller bass. There are few larger smallies and largies, but not many.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

That pretty much describes white lake but I'm surprised you didn't catch more!

My last tournament there, we must have culled up by an ounce or two like 8 times. 1.8lbs seems to be the norm though.
bardern
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bardern »

LOL. I.am glad it wasn't just me. Yeah probably should have caught more, I was talent limited though.
Barry Keicks
swampdonkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by swampdonkey »

White lake definitely has an abundance of dinks but like mentioned there are plenty of big fish around and it's getting a lot better almost each time I'm out there I've been boating and few 4lb + have also caught and heard of many 5lb+
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

Post by BrokenThrone »

Came off of here today looking for eyes. 4 hours couple eaters but a boat load of sunfish. I've just moved here and have never seen these things until now and all I can say is this is the most annoying fish I have ever encountered.
Great day with the wife and kids on the water though.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

BrokenThrone wrote:Came off of here today looking for eyes. 4 hours couple eaters but a boat load of sunfish. I've just moved here and have never seen these things until now and all I can say is this is the most annoying fish I have ever encountered.
Sunfish remind me of Chihuahua's with "little dog syndrome". They are small and relatively useless, but believe they're bigger than they actually are, and they have an attitude!
They can be fun to target but yes, they're annoying with their 'machine-gun nibbles' to purposely(?) try and remove the tail off your plastic baits!
Tweed
Participant
Participant

Post by Tweed »

Hey guys,

I fished the North section of White lake recently and was only able to land about 5 large mouths (seemed to be loving the stick baits). I'm in a canoe under paddle power (solo), but I usually have about 5-10km in me before I'm done.

What section of the lake is best for bass ?

Many thanks ! Very much appreciated !!
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

BrokenThrone wrote:Came off of here today looking for eyes. 4 hours couple eaters but a boat load of sunfish. I've just moved here and have never seen these things until now and all I can say is this is the most annoying fish I have ever encountered.

Wait until you get into the rockbass!