Public shore access on private land?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
trixter192
Participant
Participant

Public shore access on private land?

Post by trixter192 »

Hello, I'm not big for introductions. I'm Jean-Guy and currently fish for bass around Andrew Haydon Park.

I'm trying to scout some new spots not far from home, and I noticed that a lot of property plots aren't right up to the shore. As you can see from this picture #93,89, and 85 have clear ownership up to and beyond the shore, but 81 and 77 do not.

I've tried looking up rules for shore access, and found a lot of back-and-forth legal action regarding the moving tides on the great lakes. I'm still not sure what is the law there. I've seen a lot of (American) youtubers utilise local state laws citing public access for the first 10ft of any shore, but I've never heard of such thing here.

Any insight on the subject? I'd rather not get any residents upset.
qcconnection
Participant
Participant

Re: Public shore access on private land?

Post by qcconnection »

Knock and talk.

If you`re not sure, knock on the home owners door and ask if you can fish off their shoreline.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Public shore access on private land?

Post by RJ »

That's a tough one. Even though you may be in the right it may not be worth the hassle. I can tell you that there is very little depth to any of the water in that area.

RJ