Question: What should I do if the pike follows the lure...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Too funny Paul
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

I hear dynamite works well... but apparently frowned upon :shock: :lol:
someone
Participant
Participant

Post by someone »

Yes, I went to there once in afternoon early Octobor last year, renting a boat and fishing about 2 hours (with worm), no bite at all.

But I'll try this year. Thanks!
saskie wrote:
someone wrote:I live in Kanata, usually we go to Clayton Lake to rent a boat. Recently, we virtually got nothing (except the pikes followed the lure. :-) ), so I'm wondering if we can find some other places not too far away.
Constance Lake near Dunrobin: pike, bass, panfish and boat rentals.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Throw something that rattles and slow down. real slow.

Works for me

BASSTALKER
roughrider
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

smoke it

Post by roughrider »

if throwing plugs,reel as fast as you can for 10 cranks,pause,repeat,pause,they usually will over run the plug and inhale it on the pause. :wink: roughrider
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

The first time my wife saw me do a figure 8, she said what the hell are you up to, I explained you can pick up bonus fish that were folowing and are a bit shy - bang - 24" pick hit the lure, came clear out of the water!!! gotta love those moments that only fishing can provide.
sparky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sparky »

I've never caught a pike using the fig. 8. Don't know why, but here's what works for me lately: Just stop reeling. If you're using a grub or spinnerbait, it will start to sink and the pike may react to the change of direction and hit. It's worked for me twice in the last week, once on a genuine 10-pounder, once on a skinny 24-incher. This will work with sinking baits. With floaters or suspenders, I don't know, but it might be worth a try.
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

The best tip I can give is throw it right back at him as fast as you can. I normally watch what way they dart then toss it right in that direction. You will be amazed how may will hit it if you can get it back in their face fast enough.