Brookies near Sharbot Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
loophole
Participant
Participant

Brookies near Sharbot Lake

Post by loophole »

I'm hoping to do some fishing for brookies over the summer in the zone from Napanee to Sharbot Lake. I don't mind walking a modest distance from where I can park my car but I can't be hiking in 2 kms on foot. I'm looking for recommendations for good fishing spots that are reasonably easy to get to. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Brookies near Sharbot Lake

Post by scarkner »

I hope you are using Fishonline?

If not, then that is your best place to start.
https://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.c ... cale=en-US

You can filter by species and if you go into the Map Options section you can turn on boat launches which will, sometimes, tell you where you can legally access the lake.

Also, try Angler's Atlas, although it is kinda weak in that area.

That said, i think finding Brookies between Napanee and Sharbot Lake is a very tall order. But if you go farther East, West or North you will find them. There just seems to be a hole in your target area... the lakes in that region have oxygen content that is too low and typically water temperatures that are too high.

I will be hitting Rainbow's and Brook Trout this week about an hour north of Sharbot Lake this week, PM if interested in joining me.

Steve