A good week

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
muskie_magnet
Participant
Participant

A good week

Post by muskie_magnet »

I capped a great two week stretch of muskie fishing on Wed night with a new PB - 49.5" Not quite a 50 (as my kids were quick to point out), but a big thrill.
2017_49-5_01b.jpg
2017_49-5_01b.jpg (55.01 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
My 89 year old Mom was up at the cottage over the weekend for a visit. We are both early risers and I took her and the dog for an early morning boat ride around the lake so everyone else could sleep in peace. As we sat talking in a back bay, I asked her how long it had been since she had caught a fish. "At least 40 years - probably 50".

A plan was hatched and we headed out before supper to see if I could put her on the fish. I think I was as excited about getting her a 12" Smallmouth as I was about catching that Muskie. She wanted to hold it up in the net but I told her she had to lip it. She's pretty game to try anything and that picture is going to be prominent at her 90th birthday party next spring. Way to go Mom !
Momfishing02.jpg
Momfishing02.jpg (45.48 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: A good week

Post by zeke13 »

Congrats on the PB muskie! Your mom's got that look ".. and that's how it's done!" Sounds like a good two weeks.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Congrats on your PB and one more huge congrats for bringing your mom out fishing!!!
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

That's a good week for sure! Nice Muskie and bass. Family time and big fish, gotta love it!
Muskie Bob
Participant
Participant

Post by Muskie Bob »

Nice job, I heard the ski fishing has been slow this year as well as the bass. It is great that you got your PB and she caught a nice bass to boot. A little fishing will shed years away.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Great post! How cruel of your kids not to spot you that 0.5" ! lol

Amazing photo of mom lipping a bass! Nice job bud!

E
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Post by Hank Jr »

Nice Muskie and way to go MOM nice Bass now give some tips to your son on how to catch them . :D