White Big O

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

White Big O

Post by Bob23 »

Hi!
I've been reading recently about the famous Big O. I have a pearl one (among others) and read that the white one would be way better than a pearl one. "Oh, great, I'll have to try that!" I said... Problem is, I can't find them anywhere. Plenty of colors (like 18-20 of them), plenty of Pearl red eyes but not white. What am I missing here?
Thanks for your help!
Bob
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: White Big O

Post by lapointeric »

Bob23 wrote:Hi!
I've been reading recently about the famous Big O. I have a pearl one (among others) and read that the white one would be way better than a pearl one. "Oh, great, I'll have to try that!" I said... Problem is, I can't find them anywhere. Plenty of colors (like 18-20 of them), plenty of Pearl red eyes but not white. What am I missing here?
Thanks for your help!
Bob
Should be widely available. Have you tried Sail?

E
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Post by Shaun_300 »

Canadian Tire, Walmart, Sail, Cabela's, one of those should have them. I was wanting to get one on the weekend, they had them at Walmart in Carleton Place but only in a pack of like 5 in a variety pack. No singles.

I've caught a CRAP load of fish on the chrome/black big-o. Usually I have 3 rods in the boat, one has that big-o, another with a Pop-R, and the other with a rubber worm or spinner bait.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

Thanks for your replies.
I did not think about Walmart. I did not find it at CT (they have many colors but not white) but that's the only place I went physically. I looked online at Sail and the likes. But maybe my problem is that I was looking for the orginial Cotton Cordell ones (that's where Google pointed me to when I typed Big O) but surely many other companies out there are offering the same thing... :oops:
Fkawee
Participant
Participant

Post by Fkawee »

At first i thought it had two heads lol
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

I was as confused as you are... I have used the white ones for years... so WHY did they rename them to "Pearl"?

I actually thought the silver top ones were pearl, but they are actually called Chrome.

So... buy the Pearl ones, they are the right ones!!!

They were really really hard to find this year, so I had them on back-order for a few months, they just came in yesterday!!!

They no longer make the smallest one, but I never caught much on the small ones except sunfish anyway.

toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I have them at Paddletales in the 77 size and the 78
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

The pearl one I have is not the same as white, that's for sure. Sort of an off white. They must have changes things around. Too bad they don't make the small one anymore, sometimes they were better.
Edit: Steve I just looked at a few sites and they all still show the 1/4oz 2in. model...
Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

Thanks for your help guys. Glad to see I am not (too) crazy, Steve!
I'll try them, I guess that's a very good way to see if they work for me!

Thanks!