Minnows on the way to White Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Minnows on the way to White Lake

Post by gkilla »

Hey guys,

I need your help with getting some minnows. I'm going to be taking my father fishing at White Lake (our first time fishing in his 70 years!?!?) and I want to make sure that he has a great time. I am bringing lures, worms and would like to have minnows so that we get into a few fish and my dad will say yes to going fishing again next time :).

The problem is that the only place I know that will have minnows is Manotick Bait but they are closed before I get off work and Hillside Farms is now closed. Is there a place I can get minnows for Saturday morning (5-6am) coming from Barrhaven to White Lake?

Thank you.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Minnows on the way to White Lake

Post by Walker »

There is Toweys Bait Shop and Arnprior Bait and Tackle, both in Arnprior.
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
Carmichael
Participant
Participant

Post by Carmichael »

Hi,

Both Toweys and the Arnprior B and T are closed. Try Als Corner Store http://www.alscornerstore.ca/ .

Tim
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

OPTION 1 (recommended): Get a bucket and an aerator. Buy them a day or 2 before, keep them somewhere cool and they'll be ready to go when you are.
OPTION 2: There's an old guy near White Lake, in Waba, his name is Stewart Morris, he runs a minnow farm. No idea if he's up that early, but I would imagine he is. Guy is a legend.

Good luck!

E
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

lapointeric wrote:OPTION 1 (recommended): Get a bucket and an aerator. Buy them a day or 2 before, keep them somewhere cool and they'll be ready to go when you are.
OPTION 2: There's an old guy near White Lake, in Waba, his name is Stewart Morris, he runs a minnow farm. No idea if he's up that early, but I would imagine he is. Guy is a legend. Good luck! E
Eric fyi Stewart has closed shop due to health conditions.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Post by Shaun_300 »

Yeah the only place I can think of in the area is Al's Corner Store on old Hwy 17 @ Galetta Side Road. Only other one in the area that I know of is Baitcasters just south of Carleton Place on Hwy 15.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

smitty55 wrote:
lapointeric wrote:OPTION 1 (recommended): Get a bucket and an aerator. Buy them a day or 2 before, keep them somewhere cool and they'll be ready to go when you are.
OPTION 2: There's an old guy near White Lake, in Waba, his name is Stewart Morris, he runs a minnow farm. No idea if he's up that early, but I would imagine he is. Guy is a legend. Good luck! E
Eric fyi Stewart has closed shop due to health conditions.

Cheers
Aw damn, now I'm sad.
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

Post by BrokenThrone »

Hey,

I know baitcasters in CP doesn't have any. Best place closest to White I know of is ALS.

Good luck
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

I would normally call Morris and have him set out some minnows for me but he isn't doing that anymore :(

thank you guys for all the options. I'll see if I can get some on Friday and hope that they make it for the next morning.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Try using a minnow trap and set in Rideau or Jock rivers overnight.
Just an idea :idea:

P.S. if you need minnow trap to borrow I have one and live in Barrhaven.
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark