No Luck on the larry

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

No Luck on the larry

Post by Wally »

Hi guys,has anybody been lucky on the Larry for walleyes in the last month or so,i been out 5 times with nothing. Been fishing between Morrisburg/Iroquois,
I try trolling/jigging at different dept.What dept would they be at this time of the year,water temp.69 degrees.What type of bait your guys use.Any tips would
be greatly appreciated,anybody looking for a partner in that area,drop me a line.Wally.
Bobber Boyz
Participant
Participant

Re: No Luck on the larry

Post by Bobber Boyz »

Walleye fishing in the last month has been excellent on the river. Catching walleye anywhere 15' / 35' of water. Look for the heavy weed lines with steep drop-offs. Drop-shotting with minnows or go pick up some Berkley powerbait 7-inch works the best right now black and pumpkin seed are the best colors and half ounce jig heads . I will be fishing the afternoons this week if you want to go out.
Attachments
20170719_204135.jpg
20170719_204135.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 1978 times
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Wally »

Thanks for the tips Bobber, I will try drop shot next time, are you fishing early in the morning ,daytime, or late at night.
I been fishing with live worms and Berkley leeches so far ,did found a few weed bed with drop off. I even went to get my New York license to increase my chances.
Try at the month of a few creeks but no luck.I'm only at the house in Morrisburg on weekends ,maybe we can get together latter this month..Wally
Bobber Boyz
Participant
Participant

Post by Bobber Boyz »

Afternoons and evenings are the best. mornings can be productive if there's some good cloud cover and the Southwest chop. I've used the Berkley Power leeches the only success I've had with them is drop-shotting with a 3-way swivel and a 10 inch lead. Looks like the gates are going to be closed all season at the dam.
Attachments
20170810_105609.jpg
20170810_105609.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 1767 times