Thanks to Ed at Paddletales

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moobe
Participant
Participant

Thanks to Ed at Paddletales

Post by Moobe »

Really quick story and.....spoiler alert.... the moral is go see Ed at Paddletales for your fishing gear needs. Total class act over there.

I went in a few weeks back and had some time and money to burn. I was looking for a new baitcasting outfit for jigging and flipping. I'm not into the $1000 rod and reel setups - that would result in divorce no questions there. So Ed recommended the new Shimano Exage 6'10" Med/Heavy Fast and the new Diawa Tatula SV 7.3 gear ratio. Again, I know it's not a $500 rod but $130 isn't peanuts either. Can't really comment on the rod as it's tip snapped on the first cast and this isn't really a gear review so I'll leave that there. (the reel was a work horse on my St Croix though...greatly recommended)

The point of this post is to mention how well I was taken care of by Ed and his darling wife. I dropped by to see if there was any warranty options for me. Again snapping a $130 rod stung to say the least... I left the rod at the store and not an hour later I get a call from Ed explaining to me it was obviously a defect and that I could come by and swap it for a new one or put the amount spent towards another rod. So I went back and feel I was given really knowledgable advice about rod quality/performance and warranty etc. I left with a different rod but more importantly I left with a rock solid opinion of that man and his store.

So If you haven't made it out to winchester to see Paddletales yet - don't even waste a second thinking about it...Just GO! Great selection comparable pricing (actually a bit better than the big guys from what I can see) And most importantly amazing customer service, product knowledge and advice, like I said class act all the way.

Honestly, I was at a big store west of Ottawa on Sunday and was pretty disappointed - I was told the product I wanted (that was on the web site) was not available - as I walked out of the fishing section I see the very thing I was looking for in another guys cart. Go back to the sale kid and I get a shrug and that "oops" face.

Thanks again Ed I really appreciate the help.
Moobe
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Thanks to Ed at Paddletales

Post by CBB »

Ed is great and has a great selection of tackle and electronics to make anyone happy. He takes care of his customers and even has a great Fried Chicken feed every so often
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Thanks a ton for the kind words guys. Your making me blush.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Awesome ;)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great stuff. Ed and Sandie run an awesome shop but better yet they are just great people.

RJ