St.Lawrence Musky?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Spencercityboy
Participant
Participant

St.Lawrence Musky?

Post by Spencercityboy »

Hey guys, not quite new to the forum but it is my first time posting, I fish the St.Lawrence year round from Prescott to Iroquois area mostly and have had a great year for walleye and Smallmouth however I'd like to turn my attention to landing my first Musky, I know the numbers are definitely better on the Rideau but theres something to be said about pulling it out of your "home" waterbody, any tips for targeting the early/late fall Musky in the area? Thanks guys
Bobber Boyz
Participant
Participant

Re: St.Lawrence Musky?

Post by Bobber Boyz »

The boyz and I have had a fantastic year on the St Lawrence also for bass and walleye. This will be our first year targeting Muskie on the st. Lawrence River. Just before Howe Island ferry on Highway 2 is Grass Creek Park there's public boat launch free WiFi for the kids now in the park lol. Gananoque to Howe Island is supposed to be excellent Muskie fishing in October and November if you're looking for that 40 or 50 inched head West.
Attachments
20170902_063323.jpg
20170902_063323.jpg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 2653 times
Screenshot_20170916-075721.png
Screenshot_20170916-075721.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2649 times
Spencercityboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Spencercityboy »

Thanks for the tip, I guess I likely should just tow the trailer a bit farther to Gananoque and fish some of the best musky water worldwide eh hahaha! Upgraded some tackle today so should be good to go thanks
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mitch »

there are several musky hot spots from the mouth of Grass Creek to Gan. Don't discount this stretch.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Ah the old needle in a haystack! Tis a tough fishery but when you do connect...look out.

RJ