Sturgeon lake Sept fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MikMac
Participant
Participant

Sturgeon lake Sept fishing

Post by MikMac »

Hello all
I am going to sturgeon lake for 3 days on Sep 23. I have never fished there. I have a 12 foot aluminum with 9.9. Looking for tips on places and baits to use. Hopefully catch some Walleye and Muskie. I would also be interested in lake trout if they are catchable.
Any tips , places, lures etc... would be appreciated. Also does anybody have a map of the lake with fishing spots marked?
Regards. MikMak
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Re: Sturgeon lake Sept fishing

Post by Hank Jr »

I can help you on Sturgeon Lake my son and I have been fishing it for over 20 years along with several other lakes in the Kawartha's . It is a good numbers lake for Muskies and most of the locals have been doing OK on Walleyes . The Smallies are starting to hit pretty good also . Which end of the lake are you fishing ? If you go to Navionics.com they have a free app for your computer you can zoom in on Sturgeon Lake and see all the depths and buoys . Do you have a depth finder and trolling motor ? I would send you a PM but you only have 2 post I don't think it would go through . Our trip is going to be Sept 30 -Oct 8 we are going to Balsam but will fish Sturgeon several days during the week .