Indian Summer

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Number5715
Participant
Participant

Indian Summer

Post by Number5715 »

What pattern for bass do people recommend for the Indian summer conditions that we have been having for the past 2 weeks
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Indian Summer

Post by Bass Addict »

Top water baits..... ;)
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Bigcvin
Participant
Participant

Post by Bigcvin »

We top watered for 4-5 hours Tuesday and nothing was moving, no strikes. Went out to 20' and started drop shotting and jigging, bass were getting hooked up left, right and centre. The weird thing was, they weren't hammering the baits. It was a slow bite like a catfish.
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seahawk »

Bigcvin wrote:We top watered for 4-5 hours Tuesday and nothing was moving, no strikes. Went out to 20' and started drop shotting and jigging, bass were getting hooked up left, right and centre. The weird thing was, they weren't hammering the baits. It was a slow bite like a catfish.
Are you talking about large mouth bass or small mouth bass? how deep this lake is since you said you fished at 20ft deep and when the bite became more active and how is the water temperature at that time?

I am going to fishing the big Rideau lake tomorrow so I am wondering if your fishing pattern will apply to that lake too. I went to there BR last week but the bites were just OK (caught 4 mixed LM/SM) and water temperature reached 73F. Thanks.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

I'll be out fishing a Smallmouth lake on Sunday .....throwing TOPWATER BAITS,Zara Spooks----Yo-uri perch pattern......Pop'r's

And having great success 8) 8) 8)
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seahawk »

Bass Addict wrote:I'll be out fishing a Smallmouth lake on Sunday .....throwing TOPWATER BAITS,Zara Spooks----Yo-uri perch pattern......Pop'r's

And having great success 8) 8) 8)
Please tell me one of your lake Xs since I love the top water action too!