Kawartha's Muskie Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Kawartha's Muskie Report

Post by Hank Jr »

Just got back from a week of Muskie chasing with my son , we had a fun week . Fished Balsam 17 hrs only had 2 follows and one hit from Muskies , we did boat a couple Pike . Tuesday we went to Pigeon only 1 in the boat and 1 follow . Again this year Sturgeon Lake saved our week we boated 11 and had 23 other follows , hits and lost hooked fish biggest was 43" but we saw 7 or 8 others that were over 40" the last couple days . On Saturday we have a small Can-Am a couple of my Canadian friends come over to fish with the USA . Who ever is behind at Lunch buys the leaders a burger and fries and a drink . Again this year my son carried the USA team with a 43" and a 30" before the 1 pm lunch . My son fishes with a Canadian and I fish with one in his boat the other boat had Pete and Mikey in it . I want to thank Pete and Mikey for buying this year it was a fun day . We ended the day 3 boats 6 in the boat and another 15 follows , hits or lost hooked fish several were nice fish . Now I have to wait a whole year to fish my favorite lakes for Muskies . Atleast the USA team has bragging rights for another year . :D
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Kawartha's Muskie Report

Post by BigC »

Sounds like you had a decent week that ended in a good way with a great day.

This year seems to be the year of the follow, I've seen more fish than ever. Sadly most seem spooked by the boat and turn away rather than continuing into the 8.

There's always next year....

Thanks for posting.
Muskie Bob
Participant
Participant

Post by Muskie Bob »

Glad to hear you managed to pull some fish in Hank!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great stuff Hank. Glad you enjoyed your trip North!

RJ