A NUNAVUT NOMAD II. Taloyoak's Caribou, Char & Child.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

A NUNAVUT NOMAD II. Taloyoak's Caribou, Char & Child.

Post by Moosebunk »

The short version or the long? To summarize here, I spent a few weeks in Nunavut this August working in an awesome little place named Taloyoak. This tundra town in the Kitikmeot region is Canada’s furthest north settlement on our mainland. Rugged and very remote, here Arctic life and culture rule. Lucky to have free time and a fishing pole, on some days off I was able to search and find char, lake trout, caribou, surprisingly another Fish-Hawker and more while out on the beautiful barren lands. Otherwise, here’s some pics of that recent experience north.

Thanks for reading! :D

Bunk.

cornplanter2
Participant
Participant

Re: A NUNAVUT NOMAD II. Taloyoak's Caribou, Char & Child.

Post by cornplanter2 »

great place and great people worked with some of them summer at larga baffin this summer.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Nice report Drew
I read (and enjoyed) both the long and short...
Great pictures too.
Thanks for bringing part of the North south.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Beauty pis Bunk!
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by drake691 »

That Char looks amazing. I'm hoping to get up there for some Caribou hunting and fishing soon
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Out4trout wrote:Nice report Drew
I read (and enjoyed) both the long and short...
Great pictures too.
Thanks for bringing part of the North south.
As always Len, thanks for taking the time to search out and visit my site to read through all that. Those big fishing stories with all the pictures from Nunavut and the north are always a pleasure to piece together, this one was no different. One new report is up now and there should be three more to come I think before the year is out. Keep in touch, say hello to Doug if you see him on a game trail this fall.
lape0019 wrote:Beauty pis Bunk!
Thank you sir!
cornplanter2 wrote:great place and great people worked with some of them summer at larga baffin this summer.
Baffin is one place I'd like to visit... Pang, Pond, Clyde, Arctic Bay or Kimmirut. Would have to go through Iqaluit to get to them all so that'd be good enough for seeing the big capital city. Cool you got the chance, it's a part of the world so few actually get to see.
drake691 wrote:That Char looks amazing. I'm hoping to get up there for some Caribou hunting and fishing soon
Strictly work the next two contracts up, but by the third and fourth there might be some ice fishing or ocean running char to fish. They are amazing and if a hunter, I could only imagine it even more so. Get going man!

Short or long version, here or there, thanks for reading.